More blogs about supplier enablement.
Supplier Enablement: What a Carry On

Friday, July 21, 2006

What a Carry On

It is getting bigger and bigger and I’m not kidding. This could be a line be out of a Carry On film but I’m referring to the growing number of suppliers that are being lured into electronic trading with their customers. It is as if 2006 is the year of supplier enablement.

If you are a supplier does this make you laugh like a Carry On film might or cry in your beer as you do when your horse falls at the first fence?

Is this a right ol’ caper or something that you simply must pay attention to?

My blog has been running for 3 months and I’ve looked for interesting news to comment on and highlighted research that helps to inform you about what others are thinking and doing.

You will find news about China, comments about EDI, real stories (OK I’ve had to protect the names) about buyers and suppliers that have implemented electronic trading and lots of research and surveys so that you can form your own opinion about ‘what’s going on’ out there in the market.

I also work in a business that is at the coal face working with suppliers to equip and support them to participate in electronic trading.

It is happening; last year’s trickle is during into a deluge.

In business, and this is particularly true of business leaders, it is their job to anticipate the future. Get it right and you are a hero with a fat bonus. Get it wrong and you are looking for a job.

I hope this blog is useful to you and please comment if I’m right or wrong to say that electronic trading is hot – my job might depend on it!

Click on Comments below now and let me know your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home